Septic tanks tips for owners
Owners of domestic waste water treatment systems need to:
- Know where your septic tank is located
- Operate and maintain the system so it is fit for purpose and fully operational
- Ensure that the system cannot pollute the environment by discharging or leaking waste anywhere it is not supposed to, that is, into the ground or any water source
- Ensure that roof water or surface water run-off cannot enter a domestic waste water treatment system
- De-sludge the system at intervals appropriate to the tank capacity and the number of people resident in the premises connected to it, or as recommended by the system’s manufacturer. De-sludging should be carried out by an authorised contractor. You should keep the receipt from the contractor for 5 years
- Learn the location of your septic tank and drain field.
- Keep a sketch of it handy with your maintenance record for service visits.
- Have your septic system inspected annually.
- Have your septic tank pumped out by a licensed contractor.
- Empty your septic tank every three to five years.
- Keep your septic tank cover accessible for inspections and pumping.
- Keep a detailed record of repairs, pumping, inspections and permits issued
- Conserve water to avoid overloading the system.
- Repair any leaky pipes or toilets.
Septic Tank Tips Cleaning
CES Environmental provides professional friendly services to all customers requiring the service of Septic Tank Cleaning. CES Provide different size Septic tank Cleaning trucks depending on the location of the septic tank and the access to your property. We have… Read More About Septic Tank Tips Cleaning »
Septic Tank Tips for Emptying
On completion of the septic tank emptying CES Environmental engineers will provide a waste disposal certificate which will confirm the date of the septic tank emptying and also confirming that the waste will be properly disposed of at a proper treatment facility… Read More About Septic Tank Tips for Emptying»
Septic Tank Tips De Sludging
Regular septic tank De Sludging will reduce the risk of it overflowing or developing blockages, which in turn can produce unwanted smells and odors. Our Jet Vac unit has a powerful vacuum and on board water supply which will both empty and clean your… Read More About Septic Tank Tips De Sludging»
Septic Tank Tips Maintenance
Septic Tank Maintenance is essential to ensure that the system operates properly. The following notes are a quick to do list list to help with septic tank maintenance. Owners of domestic waste water treatment systems need to: Know where their septic tank is located… Read More About Septic Tank Tips Maintenance»
Septic Tank Inspection Tips
Frequently asked questions on New Legislation in relation to Septic Tank Inspection: Who are the EPA?, What will the inspectors be looking for? If my septic tank is to be inspected who will carry out the inspection? If improvement works are required, who will pay?… Read More About Septic Tank Inspection Tips»
Call us today for a Septic Tank enquiry:
Email: [email protected]