What is a Taking in Charge Survey?
A taking in charge survey is required by County Councils prior to the handing over of a Housing Estate by a contractor.
A taking in charge survey is required by County Councils prior to the handing over of a Housing Estate by a contractor. The survey is of the surface water sewers, foul water sewers and waste water treatment plants.
CCTV Survey/Manhole Survey
- Notice to be given 2 weeks in advance of survey being commenced to the relevant County Council.
- County Council Representative has the right to be in attendance during survey.
- The pipe network being surveyed must be thoroughly cleaned prior to survey.
- The Camera will survey pipe condition along with distance between manholes.
- The survey will follow best practice guidelines laid out in WRC manual on Sewer Condition Classification.
- Once survey is completed and footage analysed a report showing the drain condition and any defects and recommendations along with footage of recording will be given to the contractor.