Tank Inspection Procedure
- The house holder will be notified in writing in advance of the tank inspection
- When the Inspector arrives for your Septic Tank Inspection they will show your their ID card and authorisation, and ask you some basic questions about your system.
- The Inspector may look at your registration certificate and other paperwork.
- The Inspector will check manholes and pipework for leaks and that there isn’t an excess of sludge in the system.
- The Drains will be checked to ensure that wastewater and grey water are entering the system where they can be treated, and that roof water and surface water are not entering the tank as that may cause flooding.
Please follow link to Limerick County Council inspection procedure https://www.limerick.ie/council/list-site-assessors-domestic-wastewater-treatment-systems-dwwts-including-septic-tanks
Articles of Intrest
Septic tank tips