Purpose of this policy
This policy is a statement of CES Environmental Services Ltd.’s commitment to protect the rights and privacy of individuals in accordance with the Data Protection Acts.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted on [email protected] 065-6866850
We respect your privacy
This policy applies to the use of personal data by CES Environmental Services Ltd It explains what information we collect, how we use it, share it and protect it. It also details your rights to your information, how to request information or how to make a complaint. This Policy applies to past and present Customers, Suppliers and Workers.
Where do we process personal Data:
CES Environmental Services Ltd stores and process personnel data in Ireland.
Purpose of the Processing
CES Environmental Services Ltd process personal data for the following purpose:
- Client Administration
- Direct Marketing
- Provision of services
- Legal Obligations
- Worker administration
- Monitoring (e.g Cookies)
The individuals for whom CES Environmental Services Ltd stores personal data have the following rights:
- to have their personal data obtained and processed fairly
- to have personal data kept securely and not illegitimately disclosed to others.
- to be informed of the identity of the Data Controller and of the purpose for which the information is held.
- to get a copy of their personal data.
- to have their personal data corrected or deleted if inaccurate.
- to prevent their personal data from being used for certain purposes: for example, one might want to have the data blocked for research purposes where it is held for other purposes.
- under Employment Rights, not to be forced to disclose information to a prospective employer. No one can force another person to make an access request, or reveal the results of an access request, as a condition of recruitment, employment or provision of a service. Where vetting for employment purposes is necessary, this can be facilitated where the individual gives consent to the data controller to release personal data to a third party.
- It should be noted that under the Freedom of Information Act 2014, records containing personal information may be released to a third party, where the public interest so requires.
Data Protection Principles
We shall perform our responsibilities under the Data Protection Acts in accordance with the following eight Data Protection Principles:
- Obtain and process information fairly
- We shall obtain and process personal data fairly and in accordance with statutory and other legal obligations.
- Keep it only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purposes.
- We shall keep personal data for purposes that are specific, lawful and clearly stated. Personal data will only be processed in a manner compatible with these purposes as defined in the company personal data usage matrix.
- Use and disclose only in ways compatible with these purposes
- We shall use and disclose personal data only in circumstances that are necessary for the purposes for which we collected the data
- Keep it safe and secure
- We shall take appropriate security measures against unauthorised access to, or alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal data and against its accidental loss or destruction.
- Keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date
- We adopt procedures that ensure high levels of data accuracy, completeness and that data is up-to-date
- Ensure it is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- We shall only hold personal data to the extent that is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Retain for no longer than is necessary
- We have a retention policy for personal data
- We can give a copy of his/her personal data to that individual, on request.
We adopt procedures to ensure that data subjects can exercise their rights under the Data Protection legislation to access their data.
Security of your Personal Data.
We keep out computer systems, files and building secure by following legal requirements. We ensure our staff and anyone with access to personal data, is fully trained on how to protect personal data. We ensure all our processes clearly identify the requirements for managing personal data and are up to date. We regularly audit our systems and process to ensure we remain compliant with these policies and legal obligations.
We use the information gathered from cookies to help improve our website, for security and to personalise advertising.
How long we keep data
Information collected by us will be held as long as it is required to fulfil the purpose it was collected for and to protect our business and rights. We are required to keep certain types of information for specific period of time in order to comply with legal requirements. The length of time we keep any part of your personal information will depend on the type of information and the purpose for which it was obtained.
This document outlines CES Environmental Services Ltd.’s policy to help ensure that we comply with the Data Protection Acts.
Inquiries about this Data Protection Policy should be made to:
Manager, Compliance & Information Management, CES Environmental Services Ltd, Larchill, Ennis, Co. Clare.